Wednesday, October 17, 2007

More about my NaNo

Since people have asked, I thought I would post more about my plot and stuff for my NaNo here.

It will start out as Contemporary Fiction, but there will be Fantasy elements mixed in almost right away. Fantasy is just my genre. I don't like to write anything else quite as much.

Here's my plot so far:

(This plot and its characters are all mine, CrimsonPhoenix's, so please do not steal. Thank you.)

Kristen wishes that her life could be more exciting. One day she discovers a strange orb. Jealous, her brother takes it from her room one day and accidentally breaks it. It releases a message about four objects separating two worlds, Earth and Tehar. He finds out that two of the objects are located in each world, and only after the ones destroyed on earth will the ones in Tehar become available. Because of Garrett’s mistake in breaking the orb in the first place, things from Tehar begin coming into Earth. Only after they destroy the objects will they be able to return everything to normal. After discovering this information, a sword-wielding man materializes near Garrett as if he’s been there the whole time, but neither has seen the other. Now Kristen and Garrett have to find these objects and destroy them before their world is overrun by the other.


So that's it. :) I'm really looking forward to writing it, and can't wait for November to get here! My outline is coming along nicely too. I've been using the 'No Outline Outline' that can be found on Clean Place. It's really good for people who bore of long, tedious outlining because it uses colorful markers. =P

Crimson

4 comments:

Eowyn_of_Rohan said...

LOL, I just realize that we both used the same template on our blogs . . .

Sounds like a neat-o plot. And don't worry too much about stealing. It's kind of scary throwing yourself out there, but I read something once that made a lot of sense. It said that if anyone did, by chance, steal your plot, then they'd have to find some way to publish it, and who knows how long that would take. You've got a head start.

Good luck on your NaNo journey this year!

Mercy Burklin said...

Wow, your plot sounds really good! I can't wait to read it =D I like the sound of the mysterious sword wielding man.

Good luck! Here is to a month of solid insanity!

Yukioh said...

Wow, sounds cool! Keep us posted!

Brianna said...

ooh! That does sound intriguing! :D

Hope its going well :D